File Problems
Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Asu no Yoichi/ Ashita no Yoichi, Samurai boy and a 4 sister harem.

Pages: (10) « First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 
Chaxo-chi   Mar 28 2009, 11:27 PM Quote
I don't know about you guys but the last ep gave me alot of goosebumps.

Especially when Yoichi said something to the fox guy and that something is just a simple sentence that made the fox guy give up.

I mean ... just WOW.

I know that series with only 12 eps usually rush things but ... this one is just too fast.

Uz3r013-sama "The Great Ero King"   Retired Mar 28 2009, 11:44 PM Quote
a season wouldnt be a bad thing. But theres just a few things that irk me.

1) the maceball punching gloves... lame.
2) Taking the more sexy outfits in the manga and simplifying them.
3) left out sum good jokes from the manga when they made certain episodes.

but beyond that it was still ok. 7/10

I might rewatch a few later.

oh. -side note-

anyone else notice how the eldest sister replaced yoichi in the ED tongue.gif and even there pick placement in the group shot got switched laugh.gif

Latest Work: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2066/left4southpark.jpg
UPDATED April 24th Top5 Ongoing Anime and Manga:
Anime:
1.Chrome Shelled Regios
2.K-ON!
3.Sora Kake Girl
4.Tayutama
5.Asura Cryin
Manga:
1)Rosario + Vampire
2)Change 123
3)Mysterious Girlfriend X
4)Highschool of the Dead
5)Negima (it got good again) :D

user posted image

softbanker-chan   Mar 29 2009, 02:11 AM Quote
Yeah the mace glove really sucks balls and the ink and manga attack was really lame, where the hell did she hid that? These series gave me some good laughs but the manga gave me even more laughs. Oh I got a question, the whats with the Washizu vision? I see incest goin on ehehhe

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Mar 29 2009, 03:30 AM Quote
QUOTE (Kid-Wolf @ Mar 28 2009, 11:16 PM)
Although it might end up like how the Rasario+Vampire anime turned out. I mean that was a textbook "I don't want to use the manga even though it's an awsome story and rather place blatent fanservice for no reason." It just irks me when anime companies tend to maime a good manga series. I mean this had/has potentail, and I haven't even read the manga as of yet.

Actually comparing to Rosario+Vampire, it is the opposite in this case. I have read the Ashita no Yoichi manga, and I have to say in the early stages of the manga, it's main focus is just echii and fanservice, so in terms of story telling, the anime is actually better than the manga for a change.

But to be fair, the mangaka/author has shown significant improvement on the characters, relationship developments, story-telling as well as artwork in the more recent chapters. I have read many manga, but the manga of Ashita no Yoichi is the one that particularly stand out which I noticed how hugely the author improved and is still quickly improving.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

EndlessDreams-san   Mar 29 2009, 03:44 AM Quote
Many people are thinking that the manga was better, this is my opinion.

The anime is like a compressed version. Got the main idea, can't summarized everything.

The manga is like an expanded version. Fan-services, slow character development.

I think they did a good job, not so boring like other shonen crap because they only got 12 EPs.

The manga is not limited, so the manga is more detailed and more character development. They can't be compared at the first.

I read the manga, and I know that they cut lots of thing off, but what really did you expect for a 12 EP series ? They can't put all of em in, they had to get only the main idea of the story.

This post has been edited by EndlessDreams on Mar 29 2009, 03:45 AM

user posted image

-~* [E]ndless-[D]reams *~-

--- Vote for Taiga and Shana in the FTV League ~ ---

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Mar 29 2009, 03:44 AM Quote
QUOTE (qlooney @ Mar 28 2009, 06:09 PM)
what happened to torigaya anyway? magical transformed girl/guy? that's torigaya on washizu vision right? hahaha.... and becoming a chibi.... what was that all about? hahaha.... i just don't get it

In the manga, Torigaya is also reverted back a child like around the same age as Kagome. It's not explained why and how...it's just one of those comic-relief thing which "if you question it, you lose" kind of tsukkomi laugh.gif As for turning into a girl, that's just taking the joke on the "mystery of Torigaya" gag further on the anime part.

user posted image

霊夢俺の嫁!
Waki Miko Reimu <3

Cool Nitro-dono   Sempais Mar 29 2009, 04:27 AM Quote
Yeah !! It also give lot of question about Torigaya. What exactly is he or she or whatever. My jaw drop when I see the ending of Wa-san vision ..... WTH. ph34r.gif

For first, I thought that Torigaya have many sibling same face like him. Each of them familiar to Was-san. After I see the scene of shoujo version of Toragaya ..... I at lost then. laugh.gif

About the last it touching a bit since it become drama then. Although, Ibuki interrupt my feeling a bit with her return nature of beating Yoichi. But I'm glad for her return though.

Nice series for light of comedy. cool.gif

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

What am I doing ? Hugging Tomoyo and Miku. Also busy beating to top every Daybreak club member.

qlooney-chi   Mar 29 2009, 08:29 AM Quote
hmm... just want to ask, who is this person? torigaya in shojo ver? i'm kinda lost here. ^^

user posted image

PS: sorry i didn't put spoiler tag, since i saw that people seemed to already watched the last ep. ^^

Tommykn-chan   Mar 29 2009, 08:44 AM Quote
QUOTE (qlooney @ Mar 29 2009, 08:29 AM)
hmm... just want to ask, who is this person? torigaya in shojo ver? i'm kinda lost here. ^^

user posted image

PS: sorry i didn't put spoiler tag, since i saw that people seemed to already watched the last ep. ^^

maybe it's an implication for a second season, if asu no yoichi was successful in japan.

well, since there is a manga, perhaps she did appear in the manga.

i don't think it's torigaya, there really is no reason to hide his face(eyes), if they planned to show him in the same episode in fan-srevice form. ^^

Kid-Wolf~Shrine Servant Won won~   Fansub TV Team Mar 29 2009, 10:23 AM Quote
The only thing comes to mind would be a tiwn sister that likes wearing a cat hood. I mean the voice is similar but a bit more imature to be the same person. It's just speculation, but this makes me want to give up and just read he manga due to the fact they probably won't do a second season. Just in case of course.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

Uz3r013-sama "The Great Ero King"   Retired Mar 29 2009, 10:58 AM Quote
QUOTE (qlooney @ Mar 29 2009, 07:29 AM)

user posted image

I know who it is...
But im not telling, It would be a huge spoiler for not only the anime watchers but the manga readers too, only those who have red the untranslated chapters will know who it is.

Marine-RX179-萌え大将軍 (moé daishogun)   Fansub TV Team Mar 29 2009, 02:19 PM Quote
QUOTE (Uz3r013 @ Mar 29 2009, 10:58 AM)

I know who it is...
But im not telling, It would be a huge spoiler for not only the anime watchers but the manga readers too, only those who have red the untranslated chapters will know who it is.

Yea. This 'person' only appeared in the anime for the first time, so everyone should stop confusing yourself.

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Team Apr 01 2009, 11:41 AM Quote
QUOTE (Marine-RX179 @ Mar 29 2009, 01:19 PM)
Yea. This 'person' only appeared in the anime for the first time, so everyone should stop confusing yourself.

I was actually really disappointed with the last episode when they show "this person." Although I didn't expect much out of a short anime adaptation for this, I was certainly hoping for not a cruddy ending, but I ended up getting one. It simply felt like the series didn't have a conclusive feeling. I was at least hoping for some development in Yoichi's relationship with one of the sisters (particularly with Ibuki), but all I saw was a rushed ending and very messy while at it with things popping in left and right. Now if I wasn't reading the manga, I would be confused like no other, but the fact that that I am actually irritates me more that the adaptation was overall poor.

user posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (6/2/2011)
1) Ano Hana
2) Steins;Gate
3) Gosick
4) [C]
5) Hanasaku Iroha

Claims:
-Lacus (Gundam Seed/Destiny)
-Hayami (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~)
-Priecia (Prism Ark)
-Fate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's)
-Caro (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
-Yuuko Amamiya (ef ~A Tale of Memories/Melodies~)
-Yomi (Ga-Rei -Zero-)
-Nanaka (Myself; Yourself)
-Reika (Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun)
-Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai)
-Hanyuu Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
-Riko (Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~)
-Tamao (Strawberry Panic)
-Nagisa (Strawberry Panic)
-C.C. (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
-Makoto (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Mai (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Chikane Himemiya (Kannazuki no Miko)
-Kaon (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
-Hazuki (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Hatsumi (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Yami (To Love-Ru)
-Mikan (To Love-Ru)
-Sora Kasugano (Yosuga no Sora -In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone-)
-Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatoskr)
-Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Mika Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Alistia Rein (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza)
-Kotori Shirakawa (Da Capo)
-Nanaka Shirakawa (Da Capo II)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
-Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
-Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Index (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
-Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
-Mana (Gigantic Formula)
-Nagi (Kannagi)
-Yumemi Hidaka (Munto)
-Rina Ogata (White Album)
-Azusa Nakano (K-ON!)
-Nodoka Haramura (Saki)
-Amae Koromo (Saki)
-Kanade (Asura Cryin')
-Misao (Asura Cryin')
-Misaki (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Koyoi (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Excel (Kurokami)
-Rouge (Basquash!)
-Citron (Basquash!)
-Alice (Pandora Hearts)
-Ada (Pandora Hearts)
-Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
-Shizuku Sakurai (Candy Boy)
-Seika Houjouin (Princess Lover!)
-Airi (Queen's Blade)
-Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
-Kaede Sakura (Kampfer)
-Chise and Chiho (Kobato)
-Belphegor (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Lucifer (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Frederica Bernkastel (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Kukuri Tachibana (11eyes)
-Nymph (Sora no Otoshimono)
-Mina Tepes (Dance in the Vampire Bund)
-Kureha Suminoya (Sora no Woto)
-Sylvette Suede (Letter Bee)
-Fumino Serizawa (Mayoi Neko Overrun!)
-Yui (Angel Beats!)
-Kanade Tachibana/Tenshi (Angel Beats!)
-Poplar Taneshima (Working!!)
-Togame (Katanagatari)
-Hitei (Katanagatari)
-Aoba Tsukishima (Cross Game)
-Haruka Morishima (Amagami SS)
-Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara!)
-Rima Mashiro (Shugo Chara!)
-Ryouko Ookami (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)
-Hitoha Marui (Mitsudomoe)
-Kirino Kousaka (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Kuroneko/Ruri Gokou (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Ayase Aragaki (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Mio Isurugi (MM!)
-Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro)
-Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
-Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
-Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
-Tsukasa Ayatasuji (Amagami SS)
-Feldt Grace (Gundam 00)
-Mileina Vashti (Gundam 00)
-Saori Chiba (Hourou Musuko)
-Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
-Anjou Naruko (Ano Hana)
-Mashu ([C])
-Aria Kanzaki (Hidan no Aria)
-Victorique de Blois (Gosick)
-Naruko Anjou (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
-Yuina Wakura (Hanasaku Iroha)

loumeister-dono   Retired Apr 03 2009, 11:17 PM Quote
haven't even tried reading the manga but will have to. Some said it was a disastrous ending but non-manga readers like myself think the ending was rushed in one final episode as well. After years of watching animes, episode 12 could have been broken into episode 13 as well.
But I do have a feeling we're going to see season 2.

Kid-Wolf~Shrine Servant Won won~   Fansub TV Team Apr 04 2009, 12:12 AM Quote
I don't know why but how they rushed in the last two episodes and how she suddenly got her memories back without an antidote made it to convient at cheesy. I mean tey left too much info out and also the main reason why Yoichi gets beaten to a pulp. I guess they didn't want to show how much of a pervert he really was. Although they have to show something like tat or her yanderie side doesn't make much sense.

So from an A (passing) to an F (failing) rank this thing pulls a horrible D+

I mean it could of been better even for 12 episodes. It's not close enough to say there was no such thing as this anime though sinc eit had its good moments though.

user posted image
- Miko Miko Mode Oni Version
- Yes, I do have a red riding hood complex... Why do you ask? ~Confession of a Type-Moon Servant~
- Minion of the Project Shrine Maiden
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

- One of the many Visual Novel Lovers. Support the Industry read the Visual Novel before watching the anime
-SPAM Hunter of the boards.

blanmgr-san   Apr 12 2009, 12:29 PM Quote
Ok... I am glad I was not the only one confused. That last episode turned me upside down. Based off of what everyone had posted after my last post, then they should not have introduced this "unseen" "fist-time" appearance person in his "washizu vision".

BL

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Nov 29 2009, 06:19 PM Quote
I did a marathon on this series just now.......did all 12 episodes today. tongue.gif

It was another okay anime.....not great and its one of those animes where I adore the side characters rather than the 2 main characters......my favs where of course Ayame-chan, Angie-chan and Wa-san. Ibuki just pissed me off throughout the whole show. dry.gif I like the possibility of a AyamexWassan pairing and it would be awesome if it actually happens...........man I really lovew my tsunderes. tongue.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

There is a possiblity of a 2nd season and if it was going to be the case, they can release a 2nd season because there is like over 6 volumes worth of manga material that wasn't used in the 1st season of the anime. rolleyes.gif

I did give it a 8 originally but towards the end of the show, it got a tad boring. Hence, this series gets a 7/10 from me.

Rant on the Quality: -

The vid quality of the episodes from 9 to 12 was crappy compared to the ones released by AniYoshi.....CoalGuys-Doremi did a decent job of subbing but the raw they used to encode was of a pretty bad vid quality.....I guess I can't blame them as the RAWs that were being released.......ahhhhhhhhhhhh.......the vid's quality wasn't very colourful or crisp......it pretty much drowned the show for me. So, listen kids...........never watch crap copies.....damn I wish I watched the Chihiro version, it could possibly have had better vid quality. mad.gif   mad.gif   mad.gif   blink.gif   ph34r.gif rolleyes.gif

user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (10) « First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll