ef ~A Tale of Melodies~ 1 and 2 BD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.<br>I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.<br><br>Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004<br>Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005<br>Sempai in June 2006<br>Fansub TV Team in October 2006<br>10000th post in July 2011<br>Fansub TV Leader in January 2011<br><br>Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:26 AM

Has anyone else downloaded the first two episodes of Seto-Otaku's Blu-Ray for ef ~A Tale of Melodies~? Is anyone else getting a fuzzy audio quality, or is it just VLC not capable of playing in Blu-ray stuff, or is it just my computer's sound card sucks? I had a hard time telling when using Zoomplayer though if the fuzziness/extra echoing was still there.

Could someone check this out? Thanks.

#2 monsta666

monsta666

-the bees knees

• Retired
  • 2782 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy many things and am keen to keep in-touch with real life events. I enjoy reading all sorts of material and like to travel and experience different cultures even though I don't have the money to fulfil my dreams! My biggest passion however lies in sports and I am a real sports addict that will watch almost anything sports-related. My childhood football team is Arsenal and I will support them till the day I die! Saying that, there is more to life than sports and I am open-minded and curious person so I am open to trying out most things!<br><br>Since I'm here it's clear one of my big interests is anime. I have been watching anime since 1994 but only since 2006 I have been watching it on a regular basis. The genres I enjoy the most are fantasy/action/sci-fi anime with Fate/Stay and Claymore being series that I enjoy immensely. I have a certain weakness for harem but only in some doses.<br><br>Well that's it for me, if you want to learn more send me a pm. Have a good time on FTV and remember: this is just a forum so don't take things too seriously! You know who you are! ;)

Posted 06 January 2009 - 04:28 PM

The audio sounds fine to me! Sometimes I get this problem of fuzzy/scratchy noise when playing video files. My advice would be to restart your computer and see if it plays fine. If that doesn't work I would reinstall your sound driver and then test the file again. If it's still playing up then try it on Zoomplayer/Media Player Classic with the CCCP codec pack. It should work there. If that works VLC is being rubbish. If you can't play it on Zoomplayer/Media Player Classic then it's probably a sound card issue.

As a little note I used media player classic as my player and had the CCCP codec pack plus the CoreAVC codec (the CoreAVC codec used for this file).

#3 shinigamii

shinigamii

-geass prince~

• Sempais
  • 1865 posts
  • Interests:Anime why else would i be here?<br><br>hmm my interests... some are R rated for Randomness... Main interest C.C. yes i know shes an anime character... i dont care to be honest shes my C.C. and thats all there is... so what else does a creature like myself do.... i dont know either. o_O if you have any information please contact... forgot who to contact.<br><br>Random help line... i forgot that too. <br><br>Something i will never forget is how i claim C.C. as my wife. Someone else may have claimed her aswell but she's truly mines XD.<br><br>Why am i writing this.....

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

If none of monsta's above help works for you kit, try updating your sound driver, it could just be that it needs an update.
user posted image
Visit my city and see the shinigamii realm.shiniville

Check out my Random Blog.

user posted image
user posted image

<Trivia> Hint: The Pe**o* *u** *o* Me
<@KansaLovePrimula> can i buy a vowel
Jun: lol sometimes you really need a kansa-english, english-kansa dictionary

#4 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts
  • Interests:Watching anime since childhood.<br>I wait for quality releases. Need recommendations? Just ask.<br><br>Lurked Fansub TV since November 2004<br>Joined Fansub TV Forums in December 2005<br>Sempai in June 2006<br>Fansub TV Team in October 2006<br>10000th post in July 2011<br>Fansub TV Leader in January 2011<br><br>Interested in revitalizing Fansub TV Forums. Support requested.

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (monsta666 @ Jan 06 2009, 09:28 AM)
The audio sounds fine to me! Sometimes I get this problem of fuzzy/scratchy noise when playing video files. My advice would be to restart your computer and see if it plays fine. If that doesn't work I would reinstall your sound driver and then test the file again. If it's still playing up then try it on Zoomplayer/Media Player Classic with the CCCP codec pack. It should work there. If that works VLC is being rubbish. If you can't play it on Zoomplayer/Media Player Classic then it's probably a sound card issue.

As a little note I used media player classic as my player and had the CCCP codec pack plus the CoreAVC codec (the CoreAVC codec used for this file).

My sound card is brand new...in fact the computer itself is relatively new. I have no problem playing other video files, it's just this one file that sounds weird in VLC. Zoomplayer I think it's fine but not entirely sure, same with media player classic.

I think it's either VLC is not playing it right or the audio quality from the blu-ray rip is poor. This is really what I want to confirm. Example would be at around 10 minutes through the video...it's rather clear there's something wrong there in VLC, not so much in Media Player Classic, and even less in Zoom Player....

#5 monsta666

monsta666

-the bees knees

• Retired
  • 2782 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy many things and am keen to keep in-touch with real life events. I enjoy reading all sorts of material and like to travel and experience different cultures even though I don't have the money to fulfil my dreams! My biggest passion however lies in sports and I am a real sports addict that will watch almost anything sports-related. My childhood football team is Arsenal and I will support them till the day I die! Saying that, there is more to life than sports and I am open-minded and curious person so I am open to trying out most things!<br><br>Since I'm here it's clear one of my big interests is anime. I have been watching anime since 1994 but only since 2006 I have been watching it on a regular basis. The genres I enjoy the most are fantasy/action/sci-fi anime with Fate/Stay and Claymore being series that I enjoy immensely. I have a certain weakness for harem but only in some doses.<br><br>Well that's it for me, if you want to learn more send me a pm. Have a good time on FTV and remember: this is just a forum so don't take things too seriously! You know who you are! ;)

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 06 2009, 10:23 PM)
I think it's either VLC is not playing it right or the audio quality from the blu-ray rip is poor.  This is really what I want to confirm.  Example would be at around 10 minutes through the video...it's rather clear there's something wrong there in VLC, not so much in Media Player Classic, and even less in Zoom Player....

The audio sounds clear throughout. Then again I'm using Media Player Classic with CoreAVC (I disabled the mkv codec used in CCCP). Hmm but it should still work with CCCP. If you were using that codec pack I would only expect lag not distorted sound. My guess is that it's a problem with VLC rather than a poor sound-rip.

#6 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (monsta666 @ Jan 06 2009, 05:00 PM)
The audio sounds clear throughout. Then again I'm using Media Player Classic with CoreAVC (I disabled the mkv codec used in CCCP). Hmm but it should still work with CCCP. If you were using that codec pack I would only expect lag not distorted sound. My guess is that it's a problem with VLC rather than a poor sound-rip.

ok thanks, I think it is just VLC since VLC may not be able to play blu-ray stuff properly yet, especially if Zoomplayer makes it essentially unnoticeable...I'm still downloading episode 2 so I'll see how that goes...

#7 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:20 PM

okay so it turns out I get the same problem in the second episode release by the same group. I took their newly released ef ~A Tale of Memories~ episode 1 (blu-ray) and compared it and it was just fine. It matched Menclave's original TV release if not better. So my conclusion is the audio rip from the Blu-Ray disc was just poor. I'll leave this thread open for a bit if anyone else can comment or give feedback on their experience for this release.

#8 langes01x

langes01x

-dono

• Sempais
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Besides anime and the occasional manga I like fantasy and sci-fi books, computer games (particularly RPG and RTS) and programming.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:12 AM

It could always be the codecs VLC is using or the speed of your computer. I'm assuming that the rip is rather high quality and so may not play back well on an older computer. Also I've had some rather odd problems with 5.1 audio in the past where it tries to split the audio across 5 speakers when only 2 are plugged in. I have no idea what happened and it fixed itself soon after so I just figured it was a random occurrence.

#9 Kit-Tsukasa

Kit-Tsukasa

-desu

• Fansub TV Leaders
  • 10929 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (langes01x @ Jan 12 2009, 05:12 PM)
It could always be the codecs VLC is using or the speed of your computer. I'm assuming that the rip is rather high quality and so may not play back well on an older computer. Also I've had some rather odd problems with 5.1 audio in the past where it tries to split the audio across 5 speakers when only 2 are plugged in. I have no idea what happened and it fixed itself soon after so I just figured it was a random occurrence.

The computer is new...it was bought in August so old computer is out of the question.
Here are the specs:
2.1 GHz CPU
4 GB Ram
AMD Turion 64 bit
Windows Vista OS
I have no problem playing 5.1 audio on any of my other files that have those encodes, including Ghost in the Shell 2.0, 5 cm per second, ef ~a tale of memories~, Macross Frontier, etc... These are all blu-ray by the way.

#10 langes01x

langes01x

-dono

• Sempais
  • 940 posts
  • Interests:Besides anime and the occasional manga I like fantasy and sci-fi books, computer games (particularly RPG and RTS) and programming.

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (Kit-Tsukasa @ Jan 12 2009, 05:18 PM)
The computer is new...it was bought in August so old computer is out of the question.
Here are the specs:
2.1 GHz CPU
4 GB Ram
AMD Turion 64 bit
Windows Vista OS
I have no problem playing 5.1 audio on any of my other files that have those encodes, including Ghost in the Shell 2.0, 5 cm per second, ef ~a tale of memories~, Macross Frontier, etc... These are all blu-ray by the way.

I'm assuming that the computer is at least a dual-core as you bought it so recently so it should be up to the task.

I only had problems with certain videos when my computer was acting odd. It could be the way that the audio was encoded since there are many ways to encode audio even if you limit yourself to one codec. Even taking bitrate out of the picture there are many options and features that could not be implemented in the codec you are using and makes it sound wrong. Unfortunately with VLC you can't switch what codec you are using but if you have no problems with other players and thus other codecs it may just be how the audio was made.

EDIT: Feel free to close the topic whenever you like as your problem has been "fixed". Anything more added on would likely be off topic.

okay thanks, I'll check it out --closed--

Edited by Kit-Tsukasa, 13 January 2009 - 01:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users