Premier: January 2010 to December 2010
Animation Studio: WHITE FOX
Director: Keitaro Motonaga
Original Creator: NisiOisin
Character Design: Tsuyoshi Kawada
Music: Taku Iwasaki
Official Website:

Basic Info:

This anime series will be broadcasted from January 2010 to December 2010. There are going to be 12 episode with each episode being 1 hour long and by the looks of it, 1 episode will be aired each month. LOL.....to the different format. rolleyes.gif

15 second PROMO ------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBhOyWWE3MQ

Plot:

The legendary swordsmith Shikizaki Kiki made 1000 swords in his career. The more swords a state had, the greater success they had in the wars. When the Shogun emerged victorious, he collected 988 of the swords...but those were just practice.

The final twelve swords were the pinnacle of his career. Each of them has powers so extraordinary, one man could defeat small armies.

Shogunate strategist Togame has been ordered to recover them. She first hired a ninja...but the worth of the swords is so great the entire ninja clad defected the moment they recovered one. Then she hired a swordsman...but he kept the sword for himself.

Her last hope is Shichika, the seventh and last practitioner of the Kyotoryuu -- No Sword School. He and his sister live on an island cut off from civilization -- they have no need for money. His sword school does not use swords -- he would not want the swords for himself.

So why should he help her?

"Because you will fall in love with me."

(~from EasternStandard.....why it was translated in a funny and crappy way tongue.gif ~)

Light Novel Covers:

user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image  user posted image

My Thoughts:

From the creator of Bakemonogatari..........you can expect it to be pretty darn good. biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward and I have nothing against the art style used. rolleyes.gif

user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

julezia-ohana   Sempais Nov 04 2009, 06:32 AM Quote
Yes the art style is definitely different, more simple. But it shouldn't be a problem as long as the story is captivating. I'm just a little wary of WhiteFox being the animation studio since they animated Tears to Tiara which wasn't very successful in my eyes.

KiingBee-san   Nov 04 2009, 07:50 AM Quote
saw abit of the preview while watching bakemono thingy ep13.. me like me like! ^^
It has romance aswell!

EDIT: Saw the "jan10-dec10" I am guessing this is gna be one hella of a long ride eh!?!? ^^ Very exited about this one!

This post has been edited by KiingBee on Nov 04 2009, 08:01 AM

Barbobot-the Pirate King   Fansub TV Team Nov 04 2009, 09:16 AM Quote
Seems the be taking the same route as Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari with it's airing schedule, though is this on TV or an OVA, cause the former is an OAV series.

Saw the preview from ep 13 of Bakemonogatari as well. I kinda liked the simpler approach to the characters when I saw the promo and since it's another NisOisin's work I can feel safe with this show and expect to like it.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Oblivious to the World - My Blog
Barbobot's Anime List
Current Top 5 Ongoing (Updated for Winter '10 01/10)
1. Durarara!
2. To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
3. Katanagatari
4. Kimi ni Todoke
5. Dance in the Vampire Bund
Special Nod to Ongoing Series: Cross Game, FMAB

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Nov 04 2009, 10:02 AM Quote
I saw that promo in Bakamonogatrai 13 too and had an immediate "want to watch" reaction to it. The character designs are very cool and the animation looked neat. From what little sense I made of the synopsis - swords and swordsman and ninjas - increases the want to watch feeling even more.

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"I have been blogging!" - The Monarch
From the Venture Bros. episode: Victor. Echo. November.
user posted image user posted image

ImTakes~Of grace~Of wit~   Sempais Nov 04 2009, 11:10 AM Quote
QUOTE (AccipiterF1 @ Nov 04 2009, 08:02 AM)
I saw that promo in Bakamonogatrai 13 too and had an immediate "want to watch" reaction to it. The character designs are very cool and the animation looked neat. From what little sense I made of the synopsis - swords and swordsman and ninjas - increases the want to watch feeling even more.

Same here my friend. I remember you and I exchanged info on this one, while on MAL...looking forward to it as it is on my plan to watch list. wink.gif
Saw the promo and it looks like a winner...beautiful animation.

wedora-dono   Sempais Nov 04 2009, 08:09 PM Quote
QUOTE (Barbobot @ Nov 04 2009, 09:16 AM)
Seems the be taking the same route as Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari with it's airing schedule, though is this on TV or an OVA, cause the former is an OAV series.

I think the approach Isekai has taken was a very good one. I could really get used to long eps like that. You can get a lot more done and have a much longer lasting impression with the long eps.

KiingBee-san   Nov 05 2009, 08:09 AM Quote
Can anyone update me how many eps will this series have? Since ANN hasn't updated its info yet. I am guessing its 40-60 due to the fact of being aired on 10th Jan - 10th Dec. Or will it be like those special 1per month style (which i don't think even exist, but worth mentioning for confirmation).

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Nov 05 2009, 08:38 AM Quote
QUOTE (KiingBee @ Nov 05 2009, 02:09 PM)
Can anyone update me how many eps will this series have? Since ANN hasn't updated its info yet. I am guessing its 40-60 due to the fact of being aired on 10th Jan - 10th Dec. Or will it be like those special 1per month style (which i don't think even exist, but worth mentioning for confirmation).

Read the VERY FIRST POST PLEASE.....the answer is there....at least do that. wink.gif

Cool Nitro-dono   Sempais Nov 05 2009, 09:16 AM Quote
First I feel skeptical about the design. But again, this could be turn to be great anime.

One hour per anime ...... and it about a month ........ I hope the quality very good for that.

Episode Promo
Katanagatari @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jan 05 2010, 11:03 AM

ImTakes~Of grace~Of wit~   Sempais Jan 09 2010, 01:36 AM Quote
Still awaiting this one...watched another promo just now, and it looks good. Looks like it said January 25th for the first episode? If I am wrong please, correct me and do tell, when we can expect the first episode! wink.gif

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Jan 09 2010, 04:19 AM Quote
QUOTE (ImTakes @ Jan 09 2010, 07:36 AM)
Still awaiting this one...watched another promo just now, and it looks good. Looks like it said January 25th for the first episode? If I am wrong please, correct me and do tell, when we can expect the first episode! wink.gif

Its 25th January 2010, a long time off.....actually....its 2 more weeks. rolleyes.gif

Bladewind-sama   Retired Jan 15 2010, 11:32 AM Quote
So far, this is the only new show that caught my attention, thanks to ImTakes biggrin.gif

ImTakes~Of grace~Of wit~   Sempais Jan 15 2010, 12:10 PM Quote
QUOTE (Bladewind @ Jan 15 2010, 09:32 AM)
So far, this is the only new show that caught my attention, thanks to ImTakes biggrin.gif

Hooray! Whatever happened to "thanks to Yaya?" rolleyes.gif tongue.gif Yes, I would agree. This one looks really good and I am really looking forward to it, as well. I have watched the trailer like three times already, and remain very impressed with the animation style, the music, the use of lush color and the action/storyline. The character design is a bit different but then again, so am I and I think we will get along just fine... wink.gif

user posted image
user posted image
~*Lovin Rin, Yukio, and the gang*~
user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2009 FTV Awards
user posted image 2008 FTV Awards

"i love Yaya spam." <3~ doofus123

KiingBee-san   Jan 25 2010, 05:31 AM Quote
The manga cover kinda reminds me of vampire bund. Due to the characters relationship. Both the main male looks like he's protecting her. Air already! ><

Episode 1
Katanagatari @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Jan 26 2010, 09:25 PM

ImTakes~Of grace~Of wit~   Sempais Jan 26 2010, 11:40 PM Quote
QUOTE (KiingBee @ Jan 25 2010, 03:31 AM)
The manga cover kinda reminds me of vampire bund. Due to the characters relationship. Both the main male looks like he's protecting her. Air already! ><

Well, your request has been answered as the first episode is subbed and out for the taking...my torrent is almost done downloading, and I am so looking forward to watching before I turn in for the night. wink.gif Be back another day to give my take on it...tootles! tongue.gif

Chooie-san   Jan 27 2010, 12:44 AM Quote
yep this is a good one
although his reason for going that she gave was kinda out of the blue haha
that was a nice finisher combo he did
one thing that bothers me is toward the end theyre gonna have a ton of swords how are they going to carry all that haha
well anyway this is really good so far so ill stick with it

aquaspirit39-san   Jan 27 2010, 02:59 AM Quote
I dont get the reason why he suddenly got motivated to go with her? Can some1 explain it to me please?

AnimeWiz07-de gozaru~   Sempais Jan 27 2010, 07:51 AM Quote
Hmm... to me it seems as though what drove him has something to do with her going so far as to ask her father's enemies to achieve her goal. When he said that he has fallen for her I actually think he was being serious... the guy is dumb, so I doubt he was joking around or has some huge alternative motive, so yeah; he went with her because of love.

That said, I like this one quite a bit. Nice art, entertaining characters, and a decent plot to say the least. If anything, what threw me off (not in a bad way) was Togame's character... tongue.gif I honestly thought she was going to be this sweet, calm girl from what she looks like in the images... yet... when I saw what she was really like (strong willed, outspoke, ect) I was glad.

user posted image
http://www.scribd.com/doc/22447452/Can-Your-Baby-Get-Pregnant-if-You-Have-Sex-While-Pregnant Yes, it can.

AccipiterF1-sama   Fansub TV Team Jan 27 2010, 10:40 AM Quote
Love it! The combination of Togame's arrogant clumsiness and Shichika ignorant competence makes for an extremely funny mix. The action was great as was the dialog, as good as the dialog in Bakemonogatari. Each of the 12 swords will certainly give us a cool new unique and powerful character for Shichika to fight and 12 swords in 12 episodes means there likely won't be any lags in the story either. This is going to be a great one, methinks!

Shichika's reasons? I don't think they have been entirely revealed, but since he changed his mind when he found out her true identity, maybe it has something to do with making up for regrets his father had.

user posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"I have been blogging!" - The Monarch
From the Venture Bros. episode: Victor. Echo. November.
user posted image user posted image

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 4 5  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll