Miscellaneous

Description

Episodes

Recommendations

Discuss

Bakuman, Fall 2010

Pages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 
senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 15 2012, 11:07 PM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ Feb 13 2012, 09:25 AM)
So Kaya and Takagi are already married, to be honest I was looking forward to a small ceremony and to see how Iwase and Aoki react to that.

Its getting quite ridiculous that even Kayas father was a friend of Mashiros uncle. The way all those familys are tied together leaves a bad feeling with me.
Btw, no surprise Kaya is such a looker with a hot mom like that. Not that she holds a candle to Miyuki but still very hot.

You know I think that Kaya and Takagi just registered so are they technically married, I guess. But I'm assuming they are still going to have a wedding ceremony. If you watch the OP you see Takagi and Kaya in their marriage attire. The tie in with Kaya's father and Mashiro's uncle was like huh.gif how far are you going to try and stretch these tie-ins. Usually I wouldn't be overly critical over something like that but even I was feeling the writer is trying to hard to make connections here. Unless he is trying to foreshadow? If that's the case then that's a whole different story. None of the girls in Bakuman look that impressive too me. I just think the girls are drawn really generic and their personalities are more defining of who's the most attractive -- in my opinion at least.

QUOTE (oppai-ga-suki @ Feb 13 2012, 12:27 PM)
Miura is really starting to get under my skin, underachievers like him really get me mad. How can he be happy with such a crappy place as 11th? So what if its a gag manga, they should always be aiming for number 1. I hope that Hattori and Nizuma's plan to motive them makes them see that they should stick to their type of story. They went over Miura's head once and they should do it gain IMO.

This is why I feel like the guys are going to crack under the pressure. They're the only one's concerned about these lackluster results and Miura is just feeding them the same well it's a gag manga BS. It was really telling when Azuki said in that text message that it should be popular with kids. In other words for anybody with pubic hair on their reproductive parts it sucks. Now Takagi has to support a wife all while trying to write a story with lame gadgets and cheap gag humor. Natural + is going to continually kick that ass with regularity. I just don't see this working out and I wouldn't be surprised if Kaya has some really rough times ahead of her. With all that said this anime is still as intriguing deep into the second season. Here's to hoping that even into the third season it's still going to be going strong.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Episode 20
Bakuman 2 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 21 2012, 11:46 PM

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 22 2012, 05:50 AM Quote
Finally Tanto is ending. But now they really have driven themselves into a corner and just like Hattori said it will be were difficult to get out of there. And even if, their reputation is getting worse and worse, not only in the editorial department but with the fans probably too. Not to forget what Mashiros mother will say to that since I guess she is still against him drawing manga and now he failed again.

At least we got a wedding ceremony and Kaya was really hot in her wedding dress. But having her hair open doesnt suit her, so Im glad she pins up her hair normally.

My Animelist

Top 5 of currently airing TV-series:(08.03.12)
1. Black★Rock Shooter
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Bakuman S2
4. Another
5. Toriko

senpai-kun-nakama   Retired Feb 25 2012, 10:03 AM Quote
Tanto ending was inevitable and couldn't have happened soon enough. I've been hating on Tanto from the beginning but I can appreciate the writing aspect of it. Showing the guys go through some extra hardships and not just letting them find success after one previous failure or two. The downside is that the editor-in-chief left Miura as their editor. He may grow to become marginally competent at his job but I just don't see it. It feels like that working relationship will eventually come to a head sometime down the road. I also came away thinking that the editor-in-chief is mostly all talk; in reality if you have talented employees you will at times bend the rules for them. He threatens to fire Ashirogi Muto if they cancel their serialization. He gave that big speech a few episodes back about it's the mangaku's job to make the story interesting and to follow the editor's instructions blah blah blah. Then when all the cards were put on the table and Mashiro was so defiant he ended up caving. Where did all that self-righteous babble disappear too then? dry.gif It was a little awkward when Azuki told Mashiro that he loved him over the phone near the end of the episode. They still rarely ever talk to each other. I guess that's something I've just got to look past at this point.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Feb 25 2012, 03:08 PM Quote
Yes I wonder what the editor-in-chief is thinking too sometimes. Back then when he told that redhair guy to just do what the editor says I thought "Is that manga his or the editors?". If he doesnt want to put comedy in it then he shouldnt. And its not as if the editors are always right as you see with Miura. But the biggest question is defenitely why they still have Miura around, after all he failed the third time in maybe a year or so.

My Animelist

1. Black★Rock Shooter
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Bakuman S2
4. Another
5. Toriko

Episode 21
Bakuman 2 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Feb 26 2012, 09:10 PM

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Feb 29 2012, 07:22 PM Quote
Caught up with S2. The thing about it is Ohba and Obata are rifting on past mangaka relationships at WSJ. Mashiro and Takagi definitely represent the creative process Ohba and Obata went through to create Death Note. So the audience who are familiar with this knows straight away that Tanto was doomed from the start because AM arent going hit it big until they create something akin to Death Note.

The relationship they share with Muira I cant help but feel is a rift on Akira Toriyama and the uneasy relationship he had with his editor Torishima Kazuhiko. Basically, Dragonball was a gag manga with light action elements until Kazuhiko influence/forced him to go the battle manga route leading to the first Ten-Kaichi tournament. Anyone that knows Toriyama and his Dr Slump manga knows he is primarily a gag mangaka. I cant help but think they are reflecting this in how Muira was coasting as an editor telling AM the manga is fine even though AM clearly arent suited for it.

I guess Hattori represent the ideal editor since he enables mangakas to be true to their own style while also managing and negotiating the politics of WSJ.

I think that someone like Eiji should have a stricter editor precisely for the fact that hieis so talented. Sometimes talents can be just splashed all over a page while looking good means nothing.

user posted image
"If you truly love something, the most romantic thing you can do is kill it"
user posted image
Best superhero show ever!

Episode 22
Bakuman 2 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 07 2012, 11:38 PM

Episode 23
Bakuman 2 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 16 2012, 07:53 PM

Episode 24
Bakuman 2 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 19 2012, 02:55 AM

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Mar 26 2012, 01:34 PM Quote
Did a mini-marathon of catching up with S2, went from ep 18 to 24, mainly because I know the last episode will be subbed and released soon.....waiting "patiently" for it. rolleyes.gif

Damn, I'm gonna have to wait till October for season 3, which I know is going to be awesome with Reversi .

user posted image
My Incomplete Anime List =P
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

LUNA is mine!!!!!!!!!!!! user posted image

TYPE-MOON Slave....TSUKIHIME ROCKSSSS!!!!

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Captain(Taichou) of GHFC ~*Ghost Hunt Fan Club*~!!
Proud member of NBP ~*NANA Blogish Posters*~!!
Proud member of KKA~Kawaii Kawaii Asa-sempai~!!
Proud member of MSFGFC ~*Manabi Straight Forward Go Fan Clubber*~!!
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)
Leader of YNSHFC ~*Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge Fan Club*~!!
Leader of BRFCFC ~*Busou Renkin Forever Campaign Fan Club*~!!

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Mar 26 2012, 02:18 PM Quote
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 26 2012, 01:34 PM)
Damn, I'm gonna have to wait till October for season 3, which I know is going to be awesome with Reversi .

So basically when they create death note .

Cant wait to see if season 3 contains the audition because I have really started to like Miho now.

Edit: Had to be put them in spoilers because not everyone here has read the manga and I don't want others to be spoiled just by reading a post, if it's in a spoiler tag, the choice is given to them to be spoiled.

This post has been edited by JCDRANZER on Mar 28 2012, 08:04 AM

user posted image
user posted image

Episode 25
Bakuman 2 @ Anime.Fansub.TV   Notification Mar 27 2012, 08:24 AM

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Mar 28 2012, 05:51 AM Quote
I just watched the finale episode of Bakuman season 2, excellent and absolutely loved it when they got 1st place with their 1st chapter for PCP, already knew it was going to happen with PCP but it was pleasing to see them celebrate in anime form.

The OP for Season 2 is excellent, "Dream of Life", it really makes you pumped up with a warm giddy feeling inside.

I was just thinking of Death Note and Bakuman about which was the better work from the mangaka. I know most ppl would sway towards to the Death Note side and I personally would sway to the Bakuman side. Death Note was amazing up to the point where L is no more, it was still kinda good but I felt it lost its flare by then. However, Bakuman just keeps on getting stronger and stronger. I love the manga and the awesome anime adaptation of Bakuman. biggrin.gif

Season 2 was great, I felt it got better than the first season and I'm rewarding this great season a 10/10 rating. biggrin.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

TITLES ---> JCD-Ô-SAMAのスパム! ~*JCD - His Majesty of Spam(hood)*~!! nickname given by the Lovely Orofena
Proud member of NGEC ~*Neon Genesis Evangelion Crew*~!! (a "permanent" prisoner of the EVA thread)

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Mar 28 2012, 06:23 AM Quote
QUOTE (JCDRANZER @ Mar 28 2012, 05:51 AM)
I was just thinking of Death Note and Bakuman about which was the better work from the mangaka. I know most ppl would sway towards to the Death Note side and I personally would sway to the Bakuman side. Death Note was amazing up to the point where L is no more, it was still kinda good but I felt it lost its flare by then. However, Bakuman just keeps on getting stronger and stronger. I love the manga and the awesome anime adaptation of Bakuman. biggrin.gif

But Bakuman is about how they created death note. It is a way of the authors giving us a insight into the creative process of producing manga. I wouldnt really compare the two since Bakuman cant exist without death note.

Regardless, Im not a fan slice of life in manga/anime but Bakuman definitely has a great edge compared to others I have read and watched. The insight it gives has been fascinating.

This post has been edited by JCDRANZER on Mar 28 2012, 08:04 AM

user posted image
user posted image

JCDRANZER - Sky King - Ô-SAMAのスパム!   Fansub TV Team Mar 28 2012, 08:24 AM Quote
Yeah, I know what your getting at but at the end of the day, it cannot be proven that this series is based on that. However, my train of thought has passed yours many a time, which has lead for me to research the past of the mangakas that are involved in the making of Bakuman. rolleyes.gif I believe certain elements are true, hence, it could be semi-autobiographical.

I was actually thinking of Death Note and how awesome it was just to say "Yagami Light-o".....I really do like Death Note but Bakuman is just superb and will have a higher place than Death Note in my mind. rolleyes.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Seishun Bakusou!

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Mar 29 2012, 12:36 PM Quote
A great finale to this season. Even though its sad to see it end its good to know it will come back in fall 2012.

I can understand that PCP was successfull for people under 10 and over 18. The kids enjoy the pranks while the adults the stuff around it.

Overall this season was even better than the first one with the introduction of strong rivals (Hiramura & Iwase) and the ups and downs Takagi and Mashiro had to go through like Mashiros illness, Traps cancelation or the ultimatum of the Chief Editor (who really dropped a bomb at the end). Ok it were far more downs than ups, but still you could see those two and the people around them grow stronger through this. At lot of scenes were quite emotional too like Nakai leaving or Kaya finding out about the meetings of Takagi with Iwase and Aoki.

9/10 from me (first season was 8/10)

My Animelist

1. Black★Rock Shooter
2. Nisemonogatari
3. Bakuman S2
4. Another
5. Toriko

Kit-Tsukasa-desu   Fansub TV Leaders Mar 31 2012, 09:58 AM Quote
Bakuman 2, the immediate sequel to the 2010 hit prequel series. Taking off from when Mashiro and Takagi just go their first serialization, the show progresses all the way to serialization of their third work, PCP.

Story wise, this is much better than the events of season with a great mix of suspense, romance, and strong character development. While Tanto's serialization was definitely boring as expected, it was still enjoyable to watch on average. I was actually worried at one point that they may not get to PCP's serialization but really glad to did and very much excited for the third season this fall. A good cliffhanger and stopping point to leave at the end of the second season (even though I know what happens afterward).

Animation wise has improved since the first season by a little bit, mainly transitioning from a SD show to an HD title. Art, however, got a bit cheap. Whether or not it was meant to bring out the personality of a few characters, it felt wrong at times or misplaced.

The OP was good and first ED was even better. Really disappointed when they switched to the second ED since it was really boring, and likely the worst of the 4 ED themes thus far. The rest of the music and voice cast stayed the same as the first season.

Enjoyment? The first 10 episodes of this show were a really thriller with Mashiro meeting up with Miho for the first time since middle school and the romance was fantastic. On the other hand, the follow-up with Tanto was probably the bottom of this series but can be treated as your typical "shounen training arc." The good thing about this arc was that it wasn't the type of arc where the protagonists suddenly get amazing at manga. There was a lot of build up material, which really separate it from a lot of the other shounen titles currently available (obviously barring the action).

Overall, a modest improvement from Bakuman 2010 and I really look forward to Bakuman 2012 later this year. It's a good watch and a nice change of pace from shounen titles constantly being action driven like Bleach, One Piece, and Naruto. I guess what's ironic is that Bakuman 2 is effectively telling the story of itself, which makes it a rather unique approach. The highlight of the second season for me is still when Mashiro was in the hospital but the series definitely manage to hold its ground throughout. With this, we reach chapter 91 of the manga out of the currently 172 available, which leaves plenty of room for adaptation. Next series should be when things really get going, especially as the Bakuman manga seems to be getting closer and closer to its end. Fourth season (if there is one) will likely be the last.

Preliminary Score: 8/10
Final Score: 9/10

user posted image
user posted image
Watchlist Updated
Top 5 Ongoing anime (3/14/2012)
*Note: Gundam Seed HD Remaster does not count*
1) Nisemonogatari
2) Bakuman 2
3) Chihayafuru
4) Shakugan no Shana III
5) Aquarion EVOL

Claims:
-Lacus (Gundam Seed/Destiny)
-Hayami (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~)
-Priecia (Prism Ark)
-Fate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's)
-Caro (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS)
-Yuuko Amamiya (ef ~A Tale of Memories/Melodies~)
-Yomi (Ga-Rei -Zero-)
-Nanaka (Myself; Yourself)
-Reika (Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun)
-Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni/Kai)
-Hanyuu Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
-Riko (Gift ~Eternal Rainbow~)
-Tamao (Strawberry Panic)
-Nagisa (Strawberry Panic)
-C.C. (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
-Makoto (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Mai (Kanon 2002/2006)
-Chikane Himemiya (Kannazuki no Miko)
-Kaon (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora)
-Hazuki (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Hatsumi (Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito/Touka Gettan)
-Shana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Chiara Toscana (Shakugan no Shana)
-Nagi Sanzenin (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Hinagiku Katsura (Hayate no Gotoku)
-Yami (To Love-Ru)
-Mikan (To Love-Ru)
-Sora Kasugano (Yosuga no Sora -In Solitude Where We Are Least Alone-)
-Marta Lualdi (Tales of Symphonia Knight of Ratatoskr)
-Haruka Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Mika Nogizaka (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu)
-Alistia Rein (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Purezza)
-Kotori Shirakawa (Da Capo)
-Nanaka Shirakawa (Da Capo II)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)
-Ranka Lee (Macross Frontier)
-Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad)
-Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
-Suigintou (Rozen Maiden)
-Index (To Aru Majutsu no Index)
-Taiga Aisaka (Toradora!)
-Mana (Gigantic Formula)
-Nagi (Kannagi)
-Yumemi Hidaka (Munto)
-Rina Ogata (White Album)
-Azusa Nakano (K-ON!)
-Nodoka Haramura (Saki)
-Amae Koromo (Saki)
-Kanade (Asura Cryin')
-Misao (Asura Cryin')
-Misaki (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Koyoi (Hatsukoi Limited)
-Excel (Kurokami)
-Rouge (Basquash!)
-Citron (Basquash!)
-Alice (Pandora Hearts)
-Ada (Pandora Hearts)
-Sengoku Nadeko (Bakemonogatari)
-Shizuku Sakurai (Candy Boy)
-Seika Houjouin (Princess Lover!)
-Airi (Queen's Blade)
-Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon)
-Kaede Sakura (Kampfer)
-Chise and Chiho (Kobato)
-Belphegor (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Lucifer (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Frederica Bernkastel (Umineko no Naku Koro ni)
-Kukuri Tachibana (11eyes)
-Nymph (Sora no Otoshimono)
-Mina Tepes (Dance in the Vampire Bund)
-Kureha Suminoya (Sora no Woto)
-Sylvette Suede (Letter Bee)
-Fumino Serizawa (Mayoi Neko Overrun!)
-Yui (Angel Beats!)
-Kanade Tachibana/Tenshi (Angel Beats!)
-Poplar Taneshima (Working!!)
-Togame (Katanagatari)
-Hitei (Katanagatari)
-Aoba Tsukishima (Cross Game)
-Haruka Morishima (Amagami SS)
-Amu Hinamori (Shugo Chara!)
-Rima Mashiro (Shugo Chara!)
-Ryouko Ookami (Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi)
-Hitoha Marui (Mitsudomoe)
-Kirino Kousaka (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Kuroneko/Ruri Gokou (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Ayase Aragaki (Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai)
-Mio Isurugi (MM!)
-Zakuro (Otome Youkai Zakuro)
-Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
-Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
-Stocking (Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt)
-Tsukasa Ayatasuji (Amagami SS)
-Feldt Grace (Gundam 00)
-Mileina Vashti (Gundam 00)
-Saori Chiba (Hourou Musuko)
-Homura Akemi (Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica)
-Naruko Anjou (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai)
-Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Sarasvati (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
-Mashu ([C])
-Aria Kanzaki (Hidan no Aria)
-Victorique de Blois (Gosick)
-Cordelia Gallo (Gosick)
-Yuina Wakura (Hanasaku Iroha)
-Erio Touwa (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
-Yuuko Shionji a.k.a Alice (Kami-sama no Memochou)
-Subaru Konoe (Mayo Chiki!)
-Himea Saito (Itsuka Tenma no Kuro-Usagi)
-Dalian (Dantalian no Shoka)
-Misaki Tokura (Cardfight!! Vanguard)
-Ruri Aiba (Sacred Seven)
-Iori Minase (The iDOLM@STER)
-Miki Hoshii (The iDOLM@STER)
-Kyouko Toshinou (Yuru Yuri)
-Fear Kubrick (C3)
-Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4)
-Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4)
-Kobato Hasegawa (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Sena Kashiwazaki (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai)
-Horizon Ariadust (Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon)
-Tsugumi (Guilty Crown)
-Inori Yuzuriha (Guilty Crown)
-Ririchiyo Shirakiin (Inu x Boku SS)
-Chihaya Ayase (Chihayafuru)
-Mikono Suzushiro (Aquarion EVOL)
-Nana Mishima (Area no Kishi)

< Back to Animes >

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll