File Problems
Website/Forum
Episode Playback
Miscellaneous

Bleach Manga Thread, Where no one really ever dies lol

Pages: (82) « First ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 
wceend-Spama Sosei   Sempais Apr 16 2012, 01:22 AM Quote
QUOTE (qrdel @ Apr 14 2012, 12:58 AM)
Yeah, that could work for explanation, though clearly if Ichigo had landed a single powerful enough Getsuga the Hougyoku might've just gone haywire even without him resorting to his final technique. All good that ends well though, so I assume we haven't seen even a fraction of Ichigo's restored powers. He did win against Ginjo in a fairly easy way and seemed as though he was controlling it all, maybe except for this one moment when Ginjo stroke him with reversed Getsuga.

Yes, they did get as far as that moment. The anime is over for now at the Ginjo arc.

The stopped it? I guess they really were catching up. Bleach ahs been going on for a long time now, I hope the manga at least keeps going. this vandenreich arch seems really interesting so far!

qrdel - OldTimer   Sempais Apr 16 2012, 10:57 AM Quote
Yep, I don't think they could go on with more pointless fillers. I prefer it to be stopped for a year or two rather than have 10 episodes of manga plot, idiotic fillers 'forget that we're actually having some plot over here' and manga plot again.

I think Kubo mentioned that it's possible for OVA or movie continuation of the manga.

EDIT:

Oh dear, it seems that the beared guy is really tied to Yamamoto...

"For me, a friend is someone who would chase his own dream and wouldn't let himself be swallowed by mine... For me, a friend is a person equal to myself..."

wceend-Spama Sosei   Sempais Apr 19 2012, 04:50 AM Quote
QUOTE (qrdel @ Apr 16 2012, 05:57 PM)
Yep, I don't think they could go on with more pointless fillers. I prefer it to be stopped for a year or two rather than have 10 episodes of manga plot, idiotic fillers 'forget that we're actually having some plot over here' and manga plot again.

I think Kubo mentioned that it's possible for OVA or movie continuation of the manga.

EDIT:

Oh dear, it seems that the beared guy is really tied to Yamamoto...

Hmm somehow this whole oops you forgot to kill that guy thing feels familiar.. didn't that kind of thing happen in one of the fillers as well? o.O I think that guy might've been the original quincy that yama let go for some reason. Also, wasn't it already known that Ishida's father is also an ultra OP quincy? I wonder if he'll show up anywhere..

qrdel - OldTimer   Sempais Apr 19 2012, 02:43 PM Quote
Unless he isn't a quincy. Just a pure speculation but didn't Yama always brag that there wasn't a single entity in 1000 years stronger than him to take the role of cap-com? What if the beared guy is in fact a shinigami, a very powerful one, who had been denied access to the throne and hence sided with the ones SS hates the most- quincies. He saved several of them during the extermination, Yama couldn't finish him off for some reason and he vanished for decades to lick wounds and get ready for comeback

Could be a son? Grandson? Brother? His first lieutenant? Or someone possibly stronger than Yama, which would render him unable to finish the guy off. Then again, Yama is not the kind of the guy to throw empty words. He did seem convinced he was the strongest even against Aizen.

"For me, a friend is someone who would chase his own dream and wouldn't let himself be swallowed by mine... For me, a friend is a person equal to myself..."

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   Apr 21 2012, 01:25 PM Quote
You know what I really didnt like about the last chapter? That it seems as if Rangiku cut her gorgeous hair shorter -.- After Gins death she probably needed that, but still that was almost 2 years ago.

I hope they wont go into the he's-yamamotos-relative route or something like that. Former second-in-command would be ok.

@grdel: Just because someone is convinced he is the strongest doesnt mean he is.

My Animelist

Top 10 of currently airing TV-series:(03.05.12)
1. Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
2. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
3. Kuroko no Basket
4. Kimi to Boku. 2
5. Shirokuma Cafe
6. Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
7. Sankarea
8. Toriko
9. Accel World
10. Jormungand

user posted image

qrdel - OldTimer   Sempais Apr 22 2012, 03:06 AM Quote
Then again, had it not been for Hougyoku and Aizen foreseeing a complete course of battle beforehand I sincerely doubt even he could withstand bankai released RyuujinJakka. Thus he made Vanderveiss, or whatever his name was, to equal Yama's upper hand in terms of sheer power. Hence, I don't think it's 'only being convinced'.

Aizen was a formidable foe, not because of his uber power but rather plotting skills. In fact, when he acquired that incomparable power through Hougyoku he forfeit in terms of plotting and looking several moves forward - and to my mind that was his only fault against Ichigo and the rest of the gang. When he was depending solely on his Zanpakutou and prowess in Shinigami aspects he was tenfold more frightening than when he was undergoing all those morhintimes :]

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais Apr 28 2012, 09:11 AM Quote
I must admit Kubo has finally stepped up. He has cut out alot of the pretentious morality bullcrap and has upped the pace ALOT! This is what I always wanted from Bleach. Unfortunately none of this will help improve his rank after the abomination of the fullbring arc. It will take a while to win back readers trust.

Anyway, before I joined FTV I remember I alway use to say to my friends Ishida needs to get his second wing so he can complete the form he had against Mayuri. Im glad Kubo did not forget that. The real question now is why is Ishida so weak?

I guessing Kirge doesnt know Uryu personally but knows of the prestigious power the Ishida clan hold. Im guessing Ishida and the Kurosaki clan both have simlar back stories. Unfortunately, I doubt Kubo will properly explain their past nor will we see the Royal Guard. I just dont see how he can fit it in given the limited timescale he has.

"If you truly love something, the most romantic thing you can do is kill it"

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   May 01 2012, 03:28 AM Quote
Just what did Kubo do now oO Quincys transforming is just stupid. I mean where is the difference now between Arrancar, Shinigamis and Quincys? Nothing any more. Quincys not transforming was the only difference that was left in the end.

@franzoir: Since when was the Fullbring Arc an abomination? Its not worse than everything else of Bleach.
And since when has Kubo a time limit to finish the manga? All that was said is that this is the last arc of the manga but that doesnt mean it cant take 5 years to finish.

My Animelist

2. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
3. Kuroko no Basket
4. Kimi to Boku. 2
5. Shirokuma Cafe
7. Sankarea
8. Toriko
9. Accel World
10. Jormungand

user posted image

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais May 01 2012, 05:12 AM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 01 2012, 03:28 AM)
Just what did Kubo do now oO Quincys transforming is just stupid. I mean where is the difference now between Arrancar, Shinigamis and Quincys? Nothing any more. Quincys not transforming was the only difference that was left in the end.

Watch Ishida vs Mayuri. Quincies transforming was foreshadowed a long time ago. Everyone expected it. Hence it is not stupid.

@franzoir: Since when was the Fullbring Arc an abomination? Its not worse than everything else of Bleach.
And since when has Kubo a time limit to finish the manga? All that was said is that this is the last arc of the manga but that doesnt mean it cant take 5 years to finish.

It is common knowledge that the fullbring arc was disastrous. Most Bleach fans have accepted this. During the Fullbring arc Bleach dropped from top 10 rankings to around 14th/15th position(where it remains) and domestic volume sales are down. Havent you notice people no longer refer to the 'Big Three' anymore because Bleach is not considered a part of that group anymore. This is just common knowledge.

Given Bleach reputation they cant just cancel it so they usually tell authors in a similar position to wrap it up quickly. Hence the increase pace which is not a usual characteristic of Bleach. If Bleach rankings improve it will give Kubo's more time to flesh out some of his ideas like RG. If it continues to straddle or fall in popularity the editors will put more pressure on him to finish the story. That is just how commercial magazines (television) works.

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   May 01 2012, 05:20 AM Quote
QUOTE (franzoir @ May 01 2012, 12:12 PM)
Watch Ishida vs Mayuri. Quincies transforming was foreshadowed a long time ago. Everyone expected it. Hence it is not stupid.

Just because it was foreshadowed doesnt make it less stupid.

It is common knowledge that the fullbring arc was disastrous. Most Bleach fans have accepted this. During the Fullbring arc Bleach dropped from top 10 rankings to around 14th/15th position(where it remains) and domestic volume sales are down. Havent you notice people no longer refer to the 'Big Three' anymore because Bleach is not considered a part of that group anymore. This is just common knowledge.

So just because most people say its bad its bad? Come on thats not how the world works. And its common knowledge that the japanese have completely no taste when it comes to anime and manga just look at the current industrie and their rankings of animes (Angel Beats a top anime says everything). I mean even One Piece is still liked even though its nothing more of than an insult to what if once was.

My Animelist

2. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
3. Kuroko no Basket
4. Kimi to Boku. 2
5. Shirokuma Cafe
7. Sankarea
8. Toriko
9. Accel World
10. Jormungand

user posted image

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais May 01 2012, 06:47 AM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 01 2012, 05:20 AM)
So just because most people say its bad its bad?

Semantical and subjective argument is pointless. Results matter and dictate how the real world works.

Certain things I shouldnt have to explain. We are not talking from a creative endpoint but a business endpoint. The main objective of Jump is to sell manga. If sales/popularity is down during a current arc then the conclusion by readers/editors/executives is that the current arc is bad or not satisfying the target audience. Consumers are voting with their wallets and will not buy something they dont want to read hence Jump will not supply it.

Then you say Japaneses dont have good taste? Firstly that is another subjective point of view, secondly it is complete asininity. Jump main target audience is Japanese teens. So even if they do have "bad taste" you better appeal to their bad taste or you wont be getting any of their money. Seriously, this is Business 101, it does not take a genius to work this out.

Result matter more than anything else. Hence the pressure on all mangaka's to increase sales not decrease them.

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   May 01 2012, 07:02 AM Quote
Why should I talk about hte business endpoint if it doesnt have anything to do with me? Im talking from a creative endpoint since something like sales and whatnot arent interesting since it doesnt make anything better or not. Sure the Fullbring Arc wasnt successfull moneywise but that still doesnt make it bad.

Saying the japanese have bad taste is asininity? Yeah right, come again. Saying that is real asininity.

All those stuff may matter something but it doesnt change how the manga is. It doesnt make it better or worse and hence is completely useless to me. Cant even think of why you went that route to begin with since we were boviously talking about the creative endpoint and not the business endpoint (which is as I said useless).

My Animelist

2. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
3. Kuroko no Basket
4. Kimi to Boku. 2
5. Shirokuma Cafe
7. Sankarea
8. Toriko
9. Accel World
10. Jormungand

user posted image

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais May 01 2012, 07:38 AM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 01 2012, 07:02 AM)
Saying the japanese have bad taste is asininity? Yeah right, come again. Saying that is real asininity.

So a mangaka shouldnt cater to the japanese audience/ their primary audience? I will let that logic speak for itself.

All those stuff may matter something but it doesnt change how the manga is.

It matters when it determines whether the manga exist or not. When it impacts on creative decisions. Certain things are elementary.

Bleach has already established itself but it is no longer as popular as it once was yet it is taking up space on the syndication list. The hope would be for Bleach to finish quickly and replace it with a manga that might sell more than it predecessor. So there is a time limit from a business perspective and that filters down to how mangaka tell the story.

Again this is all elementary stuff. Would you like to watch Bleach? Well you cant because it was no longer popular enough to be on televison, just like Hitman Reborn.

I dont understand how you do not recognise the knock on effects. This is all basic stuff.

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   May 01 2012, 07:55 AM Quote
Seems like we are talking about completely different things. While I talk about it beeing good and bad youre talking about it beeing successful or not which are two completely different things.

And yes I think a mangaka shouldnt cater to the japanese audience/ their primary audience. They should do what they want and how they want it instead of doing what others want them to do since its their work and their name which is written upon it.
If its not successfull stop it, make it free via the net, continue it on your own, do it for yourself. There are plenty of ways to do it, but dont change it, rush it or whatever.
Of course you cant say its the right way for every mangaka since there are two types of mangaka out there (as for every art). The ones who just wants to draw manga because they love it and the ones who are in it for money, fame or whatever.

You may say its naive from me but in the end you (if you say that) and most people are just too narrowminded and caught up in the old ways.

My Animelist

2. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
3. Kuroko no Basket
4. Kimi to Boku. 2
5. Shirokuma Cafe
7. Sankarea
8. Toriko
9. Accel World
10. Jormungand

user posted image

qrdel - OldTimer   Sempais May 01 2012, 08:50 AM Quote
That's what it used to be like and for quite some time there's no chance minds and moods go back there.
Good point you're making by stating the obvious - the current a/m industry in Japan is way too customer-centered. Sure, in order to gain profit from it, hence continue to be released in these difficult times you have to do business the safest way - appeal to the customers no matter if you're selling gold or crap under the badge of gold. It's logic, it's common sense during world crisis and people spending less money for entertainment.

Though, I'm one of these guys who remember animes from the final decade of past century and mind you, there were very few Syphogear or AB-alike bullcr*p, more shows airing on everyday basis and so much more quality being there. This is also the result of mangas being superior in nearly all aspects when compared to today's standards.

Anyhow, I would cease this conversation as we're nearing warning zone. Your points differ and it would be shame if this ended up in pointless rattle over something we have close to none influence on.

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais May 01 2012, 10:13 AM Quote
This is not an argument. If you expect me to start arguing about whether Bleach is a good manga or not, I'm a little beyond that. Each to their own. Such a discussion is pointless but everything I have said should have been self-explanatory. Whether people like it or not any form of entertainment is a business and business decisions effect creative decisions. And lets not forget we are talking about Jump here. They are targeting the mass market, so ofcourse customer feedback and sales is at the forefront of their minds. That why they developed the two pillars to begin with. Any mangaka that signs a contract with them should know the deal.

My simple point was the pacing of Bleach (which I am happy about) has increased which is not Kubo's usual M.O and given the surrounding context of Bleach at the moment it is likely due to editor department telling him to wrap it up quickly. Meaning he may not have time to address certain plot points like RG. These are just logical conclusions if anyone gave it a minute thought. A simple point. Nothing to get hot and bothered about.

And Killer_Ossi if you want to to start talking about what is good and what is not good, the current consensus is the fullbring arc was bad. If you enjoyed it more power to you. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. But dont start saying everyone has bad taste because they dont agree with your point of view.

If you truly believe Japanese have bad taste, then why do you even bother watching anime/manga which Japanese people make? It doesnt make sense.

Killer_Ossi Fan of Mature Women   May 01 2012, 10:24 AM Quote
QUOTE (franzoir @ May 01 2012, 05:13 PM)
If you truly believe Japanese have bad taste, then why do you even bother watching anime/manga which Japanese people make? It doesnt make sense.

Youre too narrowminded again. Just because they have bad taste doesnt mean they only create bad animes. There is a lot of good stuff coming out but in the rankings you always see that those are at the bottom while lousy stuff is at the top.

Of course its bad taste if someone doesnt share my point of view, how could it be anything else.

Its strange how you declare things as self-explanatory, common knowledge and whatnot but you yourself dont get as easy things as such.

@grdel: And Symphogear was even one of the better ones.

My Animelist

2. Fate/Zero 2nd Season
3. Kuroko no Basket
4. Kimi to Boku. 2
5. Shirokuma Cafe
7. Sankarea
8. Toriko
9. Accel World
10. Jormungand

user posted image

franzoir -the smooth, the suave, and the shrewd   Sempais May 01 2012, 10:57 AM Quote
QUOTE (Killer_Ossi @ May 01 2012, 10:24 AM)
Of course its bad taste if someone doesnt share my point of view, how could it be anything else.

You say this but yet I am the one who is narrow minded. I can accept other POV even if they disagree with me. But for you I see it is basically your way or the highway.

So I guess you are right. I am the one that is stupid for thinking I could have a reasoned discussion with you. A mistake I will not repeat.

Good day sir.

qrdel - OldTimer   Sempais May 01 2012, 02:07 PM Quote
Cut the crap both of you otherwise someone else will. This is Bleach manga section not some random General anime flame discussion. Both of you have at least some point but your opinions drastically differ and unless you drink a bottle over it you'll never reach consensus. Leave it at that.

Anybody-sama   Sempais May 24 2012, 05:03 AM Quote
Also can I just say that this arc so far is fucking awesome?

- Actual gruesome violence.
- Villains who actually MATCH the hype they have around them.
- Gruesome angelic imagery.
- continuation of themes hinted through the manga.
- badass competent Ichigo who actually thinks before he acts.

it does seem that quincies were ORIGINAL "owners" Of ss dimension as, true to the pantheism ideas, they can make everything part of themselves, just like pantheistic idea of god.

Also loving the fact that Ichigo is smiling and does not seem troubled right now. He is just curious and is actually trying to find a way to counter Kirge's technique instead of panicking and spaming attacks. He is gathering intel, like he has been doing through this entire arc since his encounter with Ivan.

< Back to Mangas >

Topic OptionsPages: (82) « First ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82  Reply to this topic Start new topicStart Poll